Many different industries require commercial refrigeration services to keep their businesses up and running. From retail stores to restaurants and more, reliable refrigeration service is essential to a number of sectors.
Examples of Commercial Refrigeration
Here are some of the most common examples of commercial refrigeration. If your commercial facility contains any of these, it is important to make sure you are having your refrigeration equipment properly serviced and maintained on a regular basis.
- Walk-in freezers and coolers
- Reach-in freezers and coolers
- Open-faced coolers
- Back bars
- Refrigerated food service equipment
- Commercial glass doors, coolers, and freezers
- Blast freezers
- Ice cream freezers
How to Keep Your Commercial Refrigeration System Running Smoothly
There are a number of simple things you can do yourself to keep your commercial refrigeration equipment working properly and help prevent problems in the future. Keep the following checklist top of mind when it comes to the fridges and freezers in your commercial space:
- Keep the interior and exterior of the refrigeration system clean
- Keep the condenser coil clean
- Regularly inspect the area around the evaporator coil and check for signs of damage
- Regularly inspect the gaskets and check for signs of damage
- Regularly check the air filters to make sure they are not clogged
- Ensure that your refrigerator is dry
- Regularly clean the drain pans
Even with diligent care, your equipment will sometimes require service from a professional. Familiarize yourself with these signs that it’s time to call in the pros, and don’t wait for the problem to get worse.
Signs You Need Commercial Refrigeration Services
Notice any of these issues with the refrigeration systems in your commercial space? These are common signs that you need refrigeration repairs or replacements. Inspect your refrigeration systems regularly and check for these:
- Ice buildup in the refrigerator
- Failure to maintain a steady temperature
- Odd smells coming from the refrigerator
- Unusual noises coming from the refrigerator
- Failure to keep items colds
If you notice any of the above, it’s time to call McMullen’s Refrigeration & Heating. Our refrigeration technicians are highly skilled in servicing commercial refrigeration equipment of all kinds, from small freezers to industrial fridges.